At Scribbr, we are committed to protecting your personal information. That’s why our employees and editors follow specific guidelines to ensure the confidentiality of your work:
- Pledge of secrecy
- Signed statement prohibiting publication or third-party sharing
- Obligation to delete files
- Secure connection (SSL)
Both the original and edited versions of your document are saved on our secure server for 12 months. After this period, the files are automatically deleted. However, you can manually delete your files at any time via your user profile.
Tip: If you still have concerns about confidential information in your document, you can take additional measures to anonymize this data. We advise you to do the following:
- Change company names and other identifying details
- Delete data and analyses that do not need proofreading
Can I ask Scribbr to sign an NDA?
As a policy, we do not sign NDAs. Every NDA is complex and unique, and our legal team does not have the capacity to review each individual contract we receive.
Log on to our website and go to ‘Account’ and click on ‘Delete account’.
Log on to the website, go to the order you want to delete and click on ‘Delete order’.
The documents you’ve uploaded will all automatically be deleted from our server. Deleting your order has the following consequences:
- All documents and order details will be deleted. This process is irrevocable. You can never download the documents that belong to this order again.
- The Scribbr team cannot access your documents anymore. This also means that we cannot deal with possible complaints about this order. Please, only delete your order when you are 100% satisfied with our service. We will not deal with complaints from deleted orders.