You don’t have to register or sign up. Insert your text and get started right away.
Long texts, short texts it doesn’t matter – there’s no character or word limit.
Don’t wait for ads or distractions. The grammar checker is ad-free!
Spelling may seem straightforward, but basic spell-checks often don’t recognize many specialist terms you might use in your writing, incorrectly marking them as mistakes.
Scribbr has a large dictionary of recognized words, so you can feel confident every word is 100% correct.
Would you like to upload your entire document and check all your documents for 100+ language issues? Then Scribbr’s AI-powered proofreading is perfect for you.
With AI-powered proofreading, you can correct your text in no time:
There are important differences between the versions of English used in different parts of the world, including UK and US English. Our grammar checker supports a variety of major English dialects:
Want to contact us directly? No problem. We are always here for you.
The Scribbr Grammar Checker is a tailor-made AI-powered tool that can correct basic language, grammar, style, and spelling errors. We run it so that our editors are free to focus on what they do best: making sure that your paper is free of more nuanced mistakes and providing you with helpful feedback and writing tips.
The Scribbr Grammar Checker is a pro at correcting basic mistakes – and a human editor will still be carefully reviewing your full text – so you can rest assured that your paper is in very good hands!
When you receive back a document that has been reviewed by the Scribbr Grammar Checker, you’ll see two sets of tracked changes in it: one set from the grammar checker and one set from your editor. That way, you can easily tell who made what changes in your paper.
Not sure how tracked changes work in Word or how to review your edited file? Read our handy guide to learn more.
We tested ten of the most popular free grammar checkers to see how many errors they could fix in our sample text and deducted points for any new errors introduced. We also evaluated the tools’ usability.
When compared all the other grammar checkers we tested for this comparison and Scribbr performed exceptionally well. It was successful in detecting and correcting 19 of the 20 errors. See the full review here.
If our grammar checker flags an error that is not actually an error, you have several options:
1. Ignore the error: Most grammar checkers allow users to skip or ignore suggestions they do not agree with or find irrelevant. If you are confident that the flagged “error” is not an issue, you can bypass the suggestion and move on to the next one.
2. Review the context: Take a moment to thoroughly review the context surrounding the flagged error. Sometimes, the initial correct usage might still create confusion or ambiguity within the specific context, and reconsidering the phrasing could improve overall clarity.
Yes, this grammar checker covers the following mistakes:
1. Grammar: Correction of grammatical errors such as subject-verb agreement, tense usage, and sentence structure
2. Spelling: identification and correction of spelling errors, including typos and commonly confused words.
3. Punctuation: Detection and rectification of punctuation errors, including incorrect use of commas, periods, colons, and other punctuation.
4. Word choice errors: Catch words that sound similar but aren’t, like their vs. they’re and your vs. you’re.
Yes. There’s no sign up or payment required to use the grammar checker.
The Scribbr grammar checker finds more errors than many other tools and is particularly user-friendly:
For more details, feel free to read our test of the best English grammar checkers.