- Can I use the edited document as the final document to hand in at my university?
Yes, when you accept all changes and delete all comments your document is ready to be handed in.
How to accept all changes:
Accept changes (Word 2013)
Accept changes (Word 2010)
Accept changes (Word 2007)
Accept changes (Word 2003)
Accept changes (Word for Mac 2011)
How to remove all comments:
When you’ve finished this, others will no longer be able to see the changes made by the editor.
- Read your last version one last time to make sure everything is the way you want it.
- Save your document as a .pdf file to come across more professional and to ensure the layout doesn’t change.
- Can I choose between American English, British English and Australian English?
Yes, as you upload your document you can fill in your preferences at step 4.
If you do not know if you wish to write in American, Australian, or in British English, the editor will choose American, Australian, or British English based on the English you currently use. If the editor has any questions about this, we will contact you.
- What happens if I am not satisfied with the result?
Editing theses is still the work of people. And we, too, can make mistakes. If you are not satisfied with the editor’s work, please fill in the complaint form. We will contact you within a workday, and together we will find a suitable solution.
- What types of editing does Scribbr offer?
Every Scribbr order comes with our award-winning Proofreading & Editing service, which combines two important stages of the revision process.
For a more comprehensive edit, you can add a Structure Check or Clarity Check to your order. With these building blocks, you can customize the kind of feedback you receive.
You might be familiar with a different set of editing terms. To help you understand what you can expect at Scribbr, we created this table:
|Types of editing||Available at Scribbr?|
Correction of superficial mistakes, such as typos, misspellings, punctuation errors and consistency errors.
This is the “proofreading” in Scribbr’s standard service. It can only be selected in combination with editing.
Focus on grammar, syntax, style, tone and the conventions of the field. The editor also considers the internal logic of the text and flags any obvious contradictions.
This is the “editing” in Scribbr’s standard service. It can only be selected in combination with proofreading.
Focus on language, style, concision and choices. The editor helps you strengthen your story, polish your sentences and ensure that your use of language drives home your ideas.
Select the Structure Check and Clarity Check to receive a comprehensive edit equivalent to a line edit.
|Developmental editing (i.e. content editing, substantive editing)|
This is the first step of the editing process and applies to very early drafts. The editor helps you structure your ideas, decide what story to tell and find direction for your writing.
This kind of editing involves heavy rewriting and restructuring. Our editors cannot help with this.
View an example
The footnotes are not automatically included in the word count.
If you want the language errors in your footnotes to be corrected by the editor, you can indicate this in step 3 of the upload process. The words in the footnotes are then automatically added to the total word count.
Need help with your references?
- Which languages are supported by the Scribbr Proofreading & Editing services?
Scribbr not only specializes in proofreading and editing texts in English, but also in several other languages. This way, we help out students from all over the world.
As a global academic writing proofreading service, we work with professional editors – all native speakers – who edit in the following languages:
This way, you can also have your academic writing proofread and edited in your second language!
- Can I receive my edited file in parts, as the editor proofreads them?
No, you cannot receive part of the edited file if the editor has not yet finished proofreading.
Our editors review your document in multiple passes, including a final check at the end. If we deliver part of the edit upfront, then the editor cannot do this final check for errors and consistency, which means that the quality of the edit will be lower. Therefore, it is not possible for us to deliver your edit in multiple parts.
Once the editor finishes editing your document, we will immediately send it your way so you can implement your editor’s changes and feedback.
- Do you offer a free trial edit?
We don’t offer a free trial edit because we want to keep our prices as low as possible.
Rest assured, it is our number 1 priority to ensure that you’re satisfied and to provide the best quality proofreading service there is.
How do we guarantee to deliver the best edits?
- We only work with native speakers who have successfully completed our Scribbr Academy.
- We edit texts as shown in the example on our website and provide you with personal feedback to help you improve your own writing.
- If you are not satisfied with our work, we will edit your text again.
What about our service?
- Students are very satisfied with our services. They’ve rated us with an excellent 9.8 on TrustPilot!
- When uploading their document students can select the pages they want to have proofread. This way, students only pay for the text that needs to be proofread.
- And our support team is available 24/7 to answer all your questions.
About our editors:
About our support:
Contact us! We are more than happy to help out!
- What type of documents does Scribbr check?
Scribbr is specialized in editing study related documents. We check:
Calculate the costs
- What is our Proofreading & Editing service?
Our Proofreading & Editing service entails checking for typographical and linguistic errors, appropriate word choice, academic style and consistency. Additionally, your editor will help you become a better writer by providing you with a personalized improvement letter designed to help you recognize and correct your most common mistakes.
Language use will be improved
Your editor will correct:
- Academic style
- Sentence structure
- Word choice
- Incorrect and unclear words or sentences
Personal feedback with tips and suggestions
Your editor will give you feedback about:
Your editor will proofread your document using Word’s Track Changes. When you receive your text back, you can simply accept all changes.
Discover our Proofreading & Editing services»
- How long does it take to have my thesis checked?
You can choose between three set time periods. The editor can edit your thesis within 24 hours, 72 hours or 1 week. The deadline is set as soon as you have paid.
Do you need to hand in your thesis in four days? Please choose either the 72 hours or 24 hours deadline. All the editing periods include weekends and holidays.
You will receive a notification via text message and email as soon as your thesis has been edited.
Check the How it works page for more information.
- How do I receive my thesis when the editor has finished the edit?
After your document has been edited, you will receive an email with a link to download the edited document.
The editor has made changes to your document using ‘Track Changes’ in Word. This means that you only have to accept or ignore the changes that are made in the text one by one.
It is also possible to accept all changes at once. However, we strongly advise you not to do so for the following reasons:
- You can learn much by looking at what mistakes you have made.
- The editors do not only change the text, they also place comments when sentences or sometimes even entire paragraphs are unclear. We therefore advise you to read through these comments and take into account your editor’s tips and suggestions.
- Because of the many changes, sometimes there may be double spaces, double periods, or other minor mistakes in a sentence. Checking the changes one by one, you can easily detect these minor errors.
We have written a manual in which we explain step by step how ‘Track Changes’ works.
Check out an example
- Can I contact my editor directly?
No, you cannot contact the editor directly. Contact with the editor will always be via the Scribbr support team.
Questions about our services
If you have any questions about our services, you can contact our support team via the chat, phone or e-mail (email@example.com).
Ask questions and pass on demands from the supervisor when uploading the document
When you upload your document, you can write down all questions you have for the editor and discuss your supervisor’s demands. You can also send us your supervisor’s feedback in a separate document. We will make sure to pass on the information to the editor.
Questions about the edit and comments made by the editor
If you have any questions about the editor’s work, you can e-mail these questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make sure that the editor answers your questions.
Tip: Write your questions in comments in your Word-document. This way, the editor can answer your questions directly in your document.
- Can you guarantee that my thesis will be 100% error free?
Our editors are very experienced and will do their utmost to correct all errors in your thesis.
However, with our current rates, an editor can only check your thesis once. This may cause an editor to overlook an error. We can therefore not guarantee that your thesis is 100% error free after you have had your thesis edited.
- How does ‘Track Changes’ work?
The editor uses ‘Track Changes’ in Word when editing your thesis.
Don’t know how this works? Then read the following guide in which we explain step by step how ‘Track Changes’ works.
- Is the editor specialized in my field of study?
Our editors are all language specialists and not specialists in your field of study. You can select your field of study while uploading and we make sure that the editor who is editing your work is familiar with editing work in your field of study. This means that your editor will understand what is written, but will not be able to give you feedback about the content.
We’ve carefully selected and trained all our editors before they started working with us. Their work is also continuously assessed to ensure that we can deliver the highest quality.
We only work with language specialists because our ultimate goal is to improve the language of your text and not the content. We believe that only those specialized in academic writing can truly improve your writing!