What goes in the results chapter of a dissertation?
The results chapter of a thesis or dissertation presents your research results concisely and objectively.
In quantitative research, for each question or hypothesis, state:
- The type of analysis used
- Relevant results in the form of descriptive and inferential statistics
- Whether or not the hypothesis was supported
In qualitative research, for each question or theme, describe:
- Recurring patterns
- Significant or representative individual responses
- Relevant quotations from the data
Don’t interpret or speculate in the results chapter.